As winter finally really seems to be setting in and I’m currently wearing three jumpers, I thought it was time to make a lovely warming curry. This blend of sweet potato and indulgent coconut cream comes out a dream for a dreary day. Enjoy!
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 onions (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 1 tsp of mild chilli powder (or more if you like it spicy)
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 2 sweet potatoes (peeled and chopped into chunks)
- a good handful of green beans (halved)
- 1 red pepper (deseeded and roughly chopped)
- 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 200ml vegetable stock
- 400g chickpeas
- 250ml coconut cream
n.b. if you’re low in spices just put in what you’ve got/good old curry powder. You can also add spinach at the end for an extra iron kick.
- Cook the onions on a medium heat for 5 minutes in the oil until soft.Then add the garlic and chilli powder and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Add all the vegetables and spices and cook stirring for 3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and stock and bring to the boil, then leave to simmer on a low heat for 30 minutes or until the vegetables are soft, adding the chickpeas after 20 minutes.
- Finally, stir in the coconut cream and cook for a further 5 minutes and you’re all done!!
Serve with some sticky rice or yummy flatbread. It’s also great/tastes even better the next day for lunch!!
Lots of love,