This is probably my favourite game ever to play with a group! We play it every christmas and I always play it with my best friends and new friends I’ve met have loved it straight away. No fancy equipment needed and it is just so funny for everyone and really gets everybody in the group involved. So I’ll tell you how it works and then you must play it!
WHAT YOU NEED:
- A bucket/bowl/basket
- small pieces of paper
- At least 4 people (more is better though like 6 onwards)
HOW TO PLAY:
- Give everyone who is playing 4 or 5 pieces of paper and ask them to write down the names of famous people, fictional or non-fictional, dead or alive etc. Make sure they are all very well known, so that everybody in the group will know who they are. Then fold each piece of paper in half once and place them all in the bucket.
- Split the group into two teams. In each round one member of a team has 30 seconds on the clock to describe as many names as they can from the bucket to the other members of their team. The team should then hang onto the names they have correctly guessed and must not return them to the bucket.
- At the end of each round when there are no names left in the bucket, each team counts up how many names they have and takes note of this number. They can then return all the names to the bucket for the next round.
- At the end of the game, the two teams add up their scores from each round, and the team with the highest score wins the game.
Describe the name on the card, without using the name itself or sounds-like. So basically articulate for people who know that game.
Describe the name on the card using one word only. Think carefully before you blurt it out, and beware “umm” counts as word and you don’t want to say that.
Describe the name by miming, without any speaking at all. Basically like charades.
- The idea of the game is the rounds get progressively less descriptive about the name on the card. You must therefore pay attention to the names described in the first round as this will make it much easier to guess when you only have one word clues or a mime.
- You can only pass one name in each 30 seconds.
You really have to try it for yourself, as this game really is very easy to get the hang of when you start playing it and is just such good fun and always puts everyone in a great mood! So get thinking up your names now…
Lots of love,