I love korma so much – even though I love a lot of Indian food, I always come back to the classic that is that creamy, full of flavour korma. Until now I have never been able to make a really thick and creamy korma sauce, but the revelation that is cashew cream has allowed me to finally reach my goal!! This recipe is packed with flavour, with a beautifully nutty texture and is so easy! Full credit to veggieful for the amazing idea to make it with cashew cream, I have mainly just added my favourite ingredients like sweet potato and chickpeas for an extra protein punch and soaked the cashews for a lot longer in almond milk. The result: a fabulously tasty korma which you can easily make in under 30 minutes.
- 1 cup of cashews
- 2 cups of almond milk
- 150g of korma paste (I used half a pot of Sainsbury’s korma paste which is clearly labelled as vegan)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (crushed)
- 1 large sweet potato (peeled and cut into chunks)
- Large handful of green beans (cut in half)
- 400g tin of chickpeas (or any beans you like)
- Put the cashews and almond milk in a bowl and leave to soak for two hours, then blend until smooth (don’t worry if there are still little tiny bits of cashew – this can actually give it a really nice texture).
- Steam the sweet potatoes for 15 minutes, adding the green beans after 8 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan on a high heat, then add the onions and cook for 5 minutes on a medium heat until soft. Add the garlic and stir for 1 minute.
- Add the korma paste and mix thoroughly with the onions and garlic and cook for 2 minutes on a low heat.
- Add the vegetables and chickpeas and mix so they are thoroughly coated in the korma paste and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the cashew cream and mix in. Leave to thicken for 5 minutes and then serve your amazing korma with rice (or quinoa for a healthier option with lots of protein) and naan bread!!
So there it is – a fabulous korma recipe that has all the amazing creaminess that is needed but is super quick and easy!
Lots of love,
3 Comments Add yours
thanks for sharing!!! just started following you, I have a vegan recipe/lifestyle & Cruelty-free beauty Blog as well, http://www.veganneeds.com
so glad I found your blog & Happy to connect with you 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
You’re welcome – likewise, your blog is amazing! 🙂
Thank you ❤️😉