This is all you want and more for a filling and warming meal, that’s full of flavour! It’s easy and quick enough that you can make it as a mid-week supper, but you can also make a big batch to freeze over the weekend and you’ve got your week’s lunch sorted – put it in wraps, with rice or on top of veggies. So follow this recipe for a delicious and easy vegan chilli…
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion (roughly chopped)
- 3 peppers (roughly chopped – red, orange or yellow)
- 200g baby mushrooms (sliced)
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 1-2 tbsp cumin (yes that’s right – tablespoons)
- 1-2 tbsp paprika
- pinch of chilli powder as desired
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 200ml of vegetable stock/boiling water
1. Heat the oil in a large and deep frying pan for one minute on a high heat.
2. Add the onions and peppers and cook for 10 minutes on a medium heat. Add the mushrooms and cook for another 6 minutes until cooked through.
3. Next add the garlic and spices and stir continuously for a minute (add a little water if the mixture starts to stick).
4. Add the tomatoes and stock, bring to the boil then simmer for 15 minutes or until the chilli has thickened.
5. Season to taste and serve with rice, quinoa, in burritos or by itself!
This chilli is fantastic with a big dollop of guacamole or houmous and lots of green veggies – enjoy!
Lots of love,