Here is a wonderful salad recipe for spring, you’ve still got a touch of warming root vegetables but you have the lightness of salad greens to get you in the mood for summer. This salad is so easy to throw together, looks really tasty and has plenty of protein and fibre…
- 2 medium-large sweet potatoes (skin on, chopped into chunks)
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 75g spinach leaves
- large handful of cherry or baby plum tomatoes (halved)
- one avocado (hulled and sliced lengthways)
- 400g tin chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- handful of red grapes (halved)
- some generous dollops of houmous
- 1 tbsp fresh chives (chopped)
- Toss the sweet potato in the paprika and olive oil, then pop into a preheated oven (180ºC for fan) and roast, turning occasionally, for 20-25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, line a large oven dish or salad bowl with the spinach leaves.
- Next add the tomatoes, avocado, chickpeas and grapes as layers on top of one another.
- Add the dollops of houmous all over the salad.
- Leave the potatoes to cool in the tray for 5 minutes, then add to the salad and top with the fresh chives.
- Enjoy on its own or with a simple olive oil dressing.
Lots of love,